Skype for Business is an enterprise-ready, next-generation unified cloud communications service that connects people in new ways - anytime, from virtually anywhere.
Skype for Business provides intuitive communications capabilities allowing you know who is available via the integrated presence indicators to send an secure IM (Instant Message), start or join a high-definition audio, video or web conference - all through a consistent, familiar interface. Skype for Business is built to fully integrate with Microsoft Office products. Transform your interactions with colleagues to a collaborative, engaging, and effective experience.
- Presence Indicators - Skype for Business gives users real-time presence information-including photos, availability, and location.
- Secure Instant Messaging - a business-class alternative to personal instant messaging, conversations are stored in Outlook so users can view and continue their past conversations.
- Document Sharing - securely send documents to one ore more people by dragging and dropping them into your IM conversation.
- Conferencing - Skype for Business makes it easy for users to create, moderate, and join pre-planned and on-the-fly audio, video, and web meetings with people inside and outside the organization.
- Desktop Sharing - During an online meeting, show your screen to everyone in the conversation.
- Enterprise Voice - Skype for Business combines the telephony features of a traditional IP PBX with IM and conferencing to improve communication and lower costs.
- Outlook and Office Integration - Skype for Business was built to work hand-in-hand with Microsoft Office for a consistent, familiar experience.
- Mobile access - Skype for Business client is available for Windows and for the Mac. There are Mobile versions are available for Windows Phone, iPhone/iPad, and Android devices.